logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Conclusion: Le monde que nous souhaitons

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

USA role in the UN

Participant: cfallon

Date: 2003-04-01 11:58:13

These are valid questions.

Added to this list should be: why is the US responsible for 25% of the UN budget? Wouldn't we get less US influence in the UN if they were required to pay based on a per capita number?

There has been talk of moving the UN from New York in these discussion forums, and I think this is a great idea. But where?

I suggest it should NOT be in Europe or North America.

I think we should put it in a city that would benefit from the economic stimulus that such a headquarters brings to a city.

Some examples of the cities where the UN should be based: Kandahar, Damascus, Gaza City, Harare, Quito, Pyongyang, etc.

It would be no benefit to the world if the new UN headquarters wound up in Toronto, Tokyo, Milan or Miami.

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet