logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Valeurs et culture

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Our Voice Joins Together, Our Hearts As One...

Participant: Zoe

Date: 2003-05-01 23:02:13

I think we must send a strong message to the Chinese in this regard. Most important in my mind is that our own goverment at every level know that Falun Gong is a well respected and peaceful group, which would counteract any propaganda officials may recieve. A bigger problem is the Chinese language media who the main source of hate propaganda in the Chinese community, who are the most effected by all this. Could we pass an official policy on Falun Gong stating that canada strongly and fully supports its Falun Gong practitioners and publish it in the Chinese language papers? Can there be pamphlets handed out at the airport to all those arriving from Mainland China that such prejudice and hate is not welcome in Canadian society? Can all new immigrants from China be informed they are free to practice if they so choose.

Of course it is my personal opinion that we should stop sending any aid money to China. Sanctions were the only effective means in stopping the aparthied system in South Africa. As Canadians we are not really benefitting from the so called China gold rush anyway. Where have all our jobs gone? I would like to buy something at the dollar store that says Made in Canada for a change.

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet