logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Sécurité

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Journalists attacked..

Participant: Barretm82

Date: 2003-04-23 13:50:02

..."Barrett; I keep remembering the Oklahama bombing was carried out by a veteran of the first gulf war; Do we really know what set him off. Is this war going to send home more like him."...

Heck I hope not.

This gets back to my point that a certain percentage of the world's populations are sociopaths, and as long as these types exist we will never have worldwide peace.

If at the stroke of midnight everyone in the world became conscientious and truly empathetic with others then dreadful things like that would never happen again.

Unfortunately there are millions in this world who simply have no emotion and empathy for others, anyone of these people like Saddam or his thousands of cohorts could put a weapon to our heads, wipe off the blood and then have lunch without a second thought if there were no consequences of law, or if they misjudged others intent to hold them to account.

This gets to my point about law, “laws against murder for say, can only be effective in a setting were those breaking the laws are not the ones making the laws”. This is why I think many people see the U.N. as an answer, and it would be, if it wasn’t made up of people like Saddam and the U.N. actually enforced its own sanctions (Laws). You can’t have 12 years of sanctions and broken laws with no actions, eventually the police have to show up at the door and physically deal with the matter. (But I digress…)

As for the pilots,
I agree with you, some good points. I'll list what a few things that trouble me.

a. The Pilot reduced speed
b. reduced altitude
c. Didn't identify the target.
d. Based on the above three should have left the area; also no surface to air missiles threats.
e. Indication that the pilots had previously missed opportunities to 'hit' targets and may have been predisposed to getting a 'hit' that day.
f. Also questions of using drugs (speed) for extended missions.

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet