logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Conclusion: Le monde que nous souhaitons

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

True North Strong and Free

Participant: willr

Date: 2003-04-21 15:55:10

Dear Minister,
As a young Canadian I was always concerned and even a little distraught to think that many of our foreign policy decisions are forced upon us by larger Western powers. It completely undermines a true democracy. I did not agree with the decision to bomb Afghanistan.I did not believe destroying the structure of government in one country would not (and it did not) defeat an international terrorist organization. I am not anti-American, on the contrary I have many American friends and I believe with a few minor but nevertheless significant changes they can truly lead this world into a peace time. I also realize the economic lifeline they represent to Canada.
However, I could not help but applaud my Prime Minister's bold decision to not engage in a "pre-emptive" (or... reasonless) strike against Iraq. What a precedent this sets!
Am I to kill my neighbour over suspision he might hurt my family? This Liberal government is demonstrating the kind of thinking and reasoning that makes me believe Canadian democracy and sovereignty is alive and strong and will be for a time to come. I am only 22, but 2 years ago I was not so optimistic about this country's future and I would like to thank you for representing the thoughts and wishes of Canadians and giving me hope for the future.
Your fellow Countryman,

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet