logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Sécurité

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Journalists attacked..

Participant: codc01

Date: 2003-04-21 14:39:35

Maybe i was not clear enough in my message, what you are saying is exactly what i was trying to say...

Except for point D) even though i completely agree with you, i think its kind of strange that the soldiers were not warned of the significance of the hotel... I'm very sceptical regarding this.

p.s : Sorry for my spelling mistakes.

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet

Journalists attacked..

Participant: Barretm82

Date: 2003-04-21 21:31:06

i think its kind of strange that the soldiers were not warned of the significance of the hotel... I'm very sceptical regarding this.

I think part of the surprise was how quick Baghdad fell; also I think these guys were all in Chemical defense suits in 100 degree weather. Yes that sound trite, but it’s a series of little things going wrong that lead to big problems. I also recall two troops dieing around that time due to heat exhaustion, but I could be wrong.

I think you can imagine the state of mind of guys who are nearly passing out because of heat stroke; they are not going to be very adept on the battle field. Add some combat to that mix and it is amazing more people didn't get killed or that the building wasn't leveled.

I really can't see a public inquiry to this one. Although there would be a debriefing and a military analysis.

Répondre à ce message