logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Sécurité

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

Journalists attacked..

Participant: 1254

Date: 2003-04-09 20:23:05

Saw it with your own eyes? No. You saw what the media wanted you to see. I noted some machine gun fire coming in on a TV Camera (the "crack crack crack"). Very easy for you to sit in your comfy chair, weathering the Spanish Inquisition, and judge the action. I can't judge it (cause I wasn't there) and neither can you. I highly doubt, however, that US forces would shoot at ANY media! That being said, they probably got shot at from that general direction, noted the tall building as a possible roost for snipers, and let loose with their coaxial machine gun and NOT the main armament. We all saw what that 120mm gun can go (when that tank on the bridge shot that building). It doesn't matter that the tank was close: it's a chemical energy shell, exploding on contact, causing the same damage whether its fired from 200 metres or 2000 metres.

Répondre à ce message

Voir en contexte du sujet

Journalists attacked..

Participant: codc01

Date: 2003-04-10 05:07:28

"...I highly doubt, however, that US forces would shoot at ANY media"

Why, because its the US??

Répondre à ce message

Journalists attacked..

Participant: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-10 22:46:05

You doubt the US would shoot at any media; 3 separate incidents in a short period of time on well known journalist housing.
I even heard the excuse that it wasn't the USA; that their shots were lower; Iraq dissidents probably shot the hotel at the same time. Yes sure.
Perhaps they only used their coaxial guns because they were sending a message; not a full out massacre. hmmm
Wouldn't want an outright blatant attack.
More like a warning shot with acceptable collateral damage.
Just a possible theory but very suspicious when 3 separate attacks in such a short period.

Répondre à ce message