logo du MAECI partenariat Logo de byDesign eLab, un centre indépendant de recherche, développement et production en forums électroniques pour l'élaboration des politiques, qui a vu le jour en 1997 dans le cadre du programme McLuhan de l'Université de Toronto
Accueil du MAECI Plan du site Aide Politiques Partenariat Commentaires Netcast English

Bienvenue
Message du Ministre
Document de réflexion
Répondre aux questions
Réponses
Forum de discussion

Sécurité

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

Ce forum est bilingue, et les participants peuvent rédiger leurs commentaires dans la langue de leur choix.

NATO will support DND in Afghanistan...

Participant: codc01

Date: 2003-04-04 05:05:33

I think this is very good news, France and Belgium have decided that supporting Canada using NATO infrastructure is no problem with them! Even though, they still don't agree that it should be under the NATO flag, but rather under the UN flag, its a very good positive step.

That is excellent news, maybe we will be able to deploy our troops to Kabul without too much effort, and this will make us more visible on the world front and in our peace keeping mission (along with our help through CDIA). Though i doubt that this will be a true 'peace-keep' mission, since combat might occur.

At least we can say we have not forgotten Afghanistan (250 Millions through CDIA this year, and then this peace-keeping mission)...

Répondre à ce message

Participant: 1254

Date: 2003-04-09 20:25:13

The whole mission to Afghanistan as part of ISAF was a successful effort on the part of our weak-kneed government to estimate us out of the war in Iraq, preventing us from doing the right thing (ending tyranny and setting our OWN foreign affairs agenda, just as we did over Serbia).

Répondre à ce message

Date: 2003-04-10 04:58:42

You can have your own personal opinion, and i can have mine.

Répondre à ce message

Participant: cfallon

Date: 2003-04-10 10:04:13

Codc01:

CIDA is as corrupt as HRDC. If the auditor general scratched the surface of where that money went, we'd probably become sick with how much of it gets wasted on indulgence.

Répondre à ce message

Date: 2003-04-10 14:04:50

I don't know. Its not the CIDA which is delivering the help, the CIDA contracts the work to NGO's...

Répondre à ce message