Date: 2003-04-26 21:28:19
Reply to this message
(I posted this here as it is the most active part of the forum)
[Yes, go ahead if you like. Some of this information was supplied in your original registrations, however some chose not to give information. We have not yet had time to add a feature to permit you to change or add to your participant profiles, so if this is of interest to some, it certainly does help tell where we are all coming from. - The moderator team ]
A little bit of public background.
• During the 90’s worked for a Mainframe services company Called CyberShare
• Took over Engineering when (CDC) Control Data Corporation could no longer provide Mainframe support.
• Promoted to CIO in 97. (It was more like being fed to the lions, but I digress) ;)
• Converted Mainframe/Supercomputer services to Unix/PC/Windows environments
• Client list; Air Canada, Gemini/Galileo previously of Air Canada, Western Canada Lotteries, Akins McCally and Thorvaldson, Penner's International, Agri-Finance, Manitoba Telephone Systems, a few multinational firms and number of smaller local firms
• CyberShare was sold to become an internet based company, a number of original employees left to work with clients myself included. The new owners missed the internet bubble and the company folded. (I think)
Interestingly after leaving CyberShare in 99 a number of clients still employ my consulting skills and analytical talents. Then after the 9/11 tragedy, I have donated my time to assist where possible.
Today coming up on 31, I am recharged and at a point of deciding which direction to take my work life. Apparently much has been learned, but for me, I am open to suggestions and possibly moving into an alternative line of work, who knows what the future holds?
Steve (Barret) Chymy
E-mail: [email protected]
If you’re ever in Winnipeg, feel free to drop me an e-mail, working in the consulting industry I have become used to meeting people face to face after working with them over the computer screen, so it isn’t a big deal to meet up at a convention or other public event. Also my private e-mail is provided to the moderators registered under my full name, (I think), but I don’t want it posted as I don’t want commercial advertisements going to that account.
Oh, and as for Barretm82, it was created by friends/associates in Canadian/U.S. services just incase anyone was concerned.
First off thank you very much, you have been very helpful and I do appreciate all the work you have done, particularly updating this website on weekends and at odd hours.
I wish all success in your website works.
To government officials.
I have noticed that government does pay attention to this site and to be honest I am happy to be of assistance. With that said, I really am not sure which government officials are the ones who directly purview this site, but I have my presumptions. ;)
Part of the reason for listing of my early background is to give an idea of where my skills originally developed and how it may affect my observations. Perhaps this will be of help in further understanding how different types of personalities perceive Canadian foreign policy and to provide some required transparency on these discussions...
Thank you to all the people here who took part in the conversations, codc01, cfallon, Fleabag, jwitt, Vox Canadiana , fatmomma, banquosghost, Waterloo, YvonLattrapé, solardog and all the others I am sure I missed.
I wish you all the best...