DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Values and Culture

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Bio-diversity?

Contributor: Jibongo

Date: 2003-04-24 16:22:55

Hey, webfluid, please don't be mean; solardog's message included as much about bio-diversity as yours did! And I loved solardog's enthusiasm! Your points were good, too. I, too, favor susinctness (simplicity & accuracy), but not at the expense of clarity. [The contents of the 'post-colonial capitalism' garbage-can doesn't contribute much to the clarity of our fundamental problems.]
I'm here to encourage bio-diversity & idea-diversity, both! They are equally important. Somehow, you & me & all our earthmates, need to learn to seek the nuggets of truth that are hidden in the posts we read (especially those we disagree with) & then add new insights from our own unique aggregate of experience.
This eDialogue will have conrtibuted much to world peace if we show the world that we are not interested in beating each other (up or down) but, instead, learn how to benefit from each unique viewpoint & seek the common ground (that must surely be there somewhere). Our differences need to be used to enrich our solutions. Let's not try to defeat those who differ. Let's see them for what they truly are: an invaluable resource for expanding our own (o so very limited) experiential base.

Reply to this message

Show in topic