DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Values and Culture

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-05 05:28:46

I agree with codco; provincial politicians are right in expressing their objections or provincial concerns to the federal government; they do not have that same right or juridiction to debate national interests to foreign government representitives. It may not be illegal but is in poor taste and not in our national interest. If Mr Cretien was like Mr Bush they would probably have their transfer payments cut and told there may be a bump in their relations.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Contributor: cfallon

Date: 2003-04-07 14:38:24

So why is Quebec allowed to go the Francophonie?

Reply to this message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Contributor: codc01

Date: 2003-04-07 15:55:44

Remember the Meech Lake accord? Thats the answer...

Reply to this message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-08 13:17:41

But, they are a provincial government.

And, when the PQ start drawing up their own constitution (which, tragically, they will start doing next Tuesday), they will have their own Meech Lake to deal with:

the distinct society of Montreal within the Quebec nation.

If Quebec is a free country, Montreal will have a seat at the Francophonie and be an independent member of the Commonwealth and OAS. Can't wait!

Reply to this message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-08 14:05:16

The PQ will start drawing a constitution? You're joking, right???
You have a an URL link to this?

Bah! Let the PQ play with their toys as long as they wish.. as long as it does not affect us in day to day lives... and as long as we stay in Canada...

Reply to this message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-09 16:19:52

This is a campaign promise. You don't need the internet, just La Presse! :)

Reply to this message

Mike Harris is a Moron!

Date: 2003-04-09 17:38:59

Even if they form the minority government? I read Cyberpresse each day, and i never heard of that, its quite difficult getting La Presse in Europe :)...

p.s : I think we're being a bit off-topic here... So I'll close this topic! :)

Reply to this message