DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

If Saddam uses Chemical/Bio weapons?

Contributor: codc01

Date: 2003-03-31 02:39:23

"No one of "sound mind" believes Saddam is the hero of the Islamic world. "

I think you should read more about the Arab world, and you'll see that a lot of people consider Saddam a hero...

I think you need to place yourself in the heads of the arab worlds population, they resent israel, they resent that nobody cares about the palestinian people, now they're 100% certain that the US is there for helping israel..., a lot of those people live in misery, and only with minimal education...

The problem most people have, both in the US and the arab world, is that they don't know the facts, so they live in their illusionary worlds... and this will bring a big clash...

p.s : Don't tell me that the majority of the US population knows the real facts, since i will not believe you, unless you have very solid proof... Go question them why they are doing this war, and you'll have a lot of varied answers!!

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-02 01:25:15

"they are 100% certain that the USA is there for helping Israel" They may believe that but I am beginning to wonder ; Was Israel used by the USA to create enough unrest in the middle east so the USA could find an excuse to attack.
No most American people do not know the facts; those who do are silenced or discredited.
Why do we not see interviews of Al Gore or Jimmy Carter. Usually, in times of crisis for a country; politics are put aside.
I wish I could trust the American leadership. I hope the American people take a good look at their leadership before it is too late; if it isn't too late already.

Reply to this message

Contributor: codc01

Date: 2003-04-02 11:54:52

The problem as you said is that the media as a whole in the Us is too patriotic (patriotism is good, but not when its in excess)... I think the British press and news has a more balanced opinion...

Reply to this message