DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

If Saddam uses Chemical/Bio weapons?

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-03-30 22:11:02

Hmmm The long range missle that hit the mall in Kuwait; that remains to be proven. The Kuwaiti people indicated they believed it to be American, Of course the Americans may have paid them hush money by now. The American people should wonder why their government is paying Israel 10 billion dollars to compensate them for the disturbance or danger from this war. Israel is a big cause of problems in the middle east and refuses to obey UN resolutions. Why because they are allowed to hide behind Uncle Sam. What does "Operation
Iraqi Liberation" initials spell???
OIL.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Contributor: Barretm82

Date: 2003-03-30 23:01:11

If the U.S. wanted oil, then why not lift the sanctions? That would provide plenty of oil.

Reply to this message

Contributor: Fleabag

Date: 2003-03-31 20:31:42

The US does not want just access to the oil. It wants the proceeds as well. Their justification is that Saddam gets the money now, lifting the sanctions won't help the people.

Reply to this message

Contributor: Barretm82

Date: 2003-03-30 23:08:15

Israel is a big cause of problems in the middle east and refuses to obey UN resolutions.

One thing that troubles me, is that the U.N. now says the wall to separate Israel and Palestine is not legal. Forget the U.N., build the darn wall and stop the killing, use Cyprus as the model.

Reply to this message

Contributor: codc01

Date: 2003-03-31 02:27:23

Can you please give your source of information regarding this? It would be surprising if the UN actually said that :( And it all depends where the wall is built, no? If its built on Israel soil, the UN should have nothing to say...

As i stated in several places, Israel and Palestinians are both to blame for the mess they are in, and I'm against offensive actions by any party, but defensive actions in protecting their people (such as building a wall),even though its a real shame... I don't think they had much choice.

As i also stated in a french response, the UN is mostly a failure, but not entirely, but its the only thing we have, so we have to live with it... hoping it will be better one day.

Reply to this message

Contributor: traff1

Date: 2003-04-01 18:36:20

Wait, who created Israel? Remember who?

Our favorite organized Body the UN.

Since you stated Oil, it is my own policy not to address this portion of the thread ever again because everything you have to say about this current situation is now discredited in my own mind.

This is only my opinion,(backed by facts) of course.

Reply to this message

Contributor: Fleabag

Date: 2003-04-02 19:06:02

That's some good thinking, discrediting all points on the basis of one aspect of your personal opinion. Now think about this: If all people had the same method of problem solving, would we have a unified, peaceful world? Or would we have 4 1/2 billion Nations of One?

Reply to this message

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-04-04 23:20:45

It was not the creation of Israel that is the problem. It is the USA's over protection and favorism of Israel that has created more unrest. Israel does as it pleases or what pleases their benefactor the USA. If the two peoples were left on their own they might have been able to come to some degree of peaceful understanding by now.

Reply to this message