DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Conclusion: The World We Want

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Perhaps the World we don't want

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-03-29 21:47:24

I was hoping it was my paranoia that was leading me along the same lines. Not sure if I am ready to look for more proof. I keep remembering an article I read several months ago. It was revealed that Thomas Edison predicted the war of all wars to end the world in 2040. It was noted, that this was strange as he was not one to be tied to a date. I don't usually pay attention to these doomsday predictors but somehow that one has stuck in my mind.
You didn't say it but if one comes to that belief; that the USA administration has hopes to control the middle east; can Canada or the rest of the world be far behind. It is my fear, now that they are the only super power; some leader could go too far.

Reply to this message

Show in topic