DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

Policide ,Police and The UN

Contributor: Fleabag

Date: 2003-03-17 20:31:48

Absolutely correct. Saddam has made many enemies in the Middle East, and Iran is at the top of the list. Kuwait, UAE, even Saudi Arabia would turn him over to the US in a second so they would not jeopardize their oil profits and IMF dollars. He would have a better chance and find more freinds in Syria or Lebanon, but would also have less hiding places. If the US is serious about only wanting him to leave, as a free man, it should not matter where he goes. I think that the whole truth is shockingly being kept from the masses.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

Policide ,Police and The UN

Contributor: jwitt

Date: 2003-03-18 19:21:42

Precisely. Whats additionally bothersome about the whole state of affairs is that no countries currently seem to be making offers of asylum. I am no fan of Saddam, but given the situation we are in at the moment, I think Canada would do well to offer the senior Iraqi heirarchy asylum if there is any chance it could avoid a bloodbath.

Reply to this message