DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: brockbank

Date: 2003-03-12 00:12:50

I totally agree with rb. Canada has always been a peace keeping country and for us to follow George Bush in a war with Iraq is totally unethical.
George Bush keeps on saying that Saddam Husein should disaram and has weapons of mass destruction. What do you call 200,000 troops with tanks and bombers? Tinker toys.

George Bush is a god damn hyprocrite and Canada should not follow in his footsteps.

Bush should know where Saddams weapons of mass destruction are. He sold them to him during the Iran-Iraq war and his scientists showed Iraq how to make biological weapons.

As for a regime change. It should be George Bush who goes.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: codc01

Date: 2003-03-12 14:28:57

One thing which is important to note, peace keeping is useless when there is no enforcment with use of force. Please take a look at the Rwanda and Srebrenica massacred. Canada should continue its peace keeping role, but only when this role is clear, and when there is actually a chance of success.

I do not agree at all with Bush's stance, and i agree with you, but you should review your definition of weapons of mass destruction... To be saying regular troops as well as biological weapons are both weapons of mass destruction is a little bit wrong.

Reply to this message