DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-03-02 12:27:50

I have found very disturbing information on the internet. I have checked several site and get the same information. Richard Cheney former attorney general of the USA brought charges of war crimes naming : G. Bush sr., Quayle, cheney, and Schwarkopf. They were found guilty of 19 charges. One site is:wwwdeoxy.org/wc/warcrim3.htm At first I thought this to be some Iraq propaganda site but have tried other routes and come up with the same information. It, also asserts that the USA orchestrated the Gulf war .

Reply to this message

Show in topic

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: cfallon

Date: 2003-03-04 16:29:34

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Are you saying that the US encouraged or prompted Iraq to invade Kuwait?

That would be pretty worrying...

Reply to this message

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: fatmomma

Date: 2003-03-04 22:51:07

Go to the following site: (http://www.deoxy.org/wc-myth-htm) read "The Charges" I found much of the material hard to believe at first but have checked it out from different angles; comes out the same. If you check other areas of the site; you will find other startling unnerving information. These charges were brought to the UN by a former attorney general of the USA, Mr.Ramsey Clark.
I would be very relieved if anyone could prove to me that this and the other sites I have found are bogus.

Reply to this message

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: Fleabag

Date: 2003-03-05 20:48:42

The US Ambassador to Iraq in 1990, April Glaspie, was summoned to meet with Saddam Hussein on July 25. Glaspie said, " I have direct instruction from the president to seek better relations with Iraq".
Later in the meeting Glaspie told Saddam "But we have no opinion on Arab-Arab conflicts like your border disagreement with Kuwait." She went on to say that the US would insist on a non-violent settlement."I received an instruction to ask you, in the spirit of friendship-not in the spirit of confrontation-regarding your intentions."
Source: The Commanders
Author:Bob Woodward, 1991
Later, Glaspie said 'about 80% of what was published was true'. Many felt that the US had given the 'green light' to Saddam to invade Kuwait. The US says he misinterpreted their overtures.
God forbid that the US government would deceive anyone for their own ends.

Reply to this message