DFAIT logo partnership The logo for the by design elab, an independent research development and production think tank specializing in online forums for policy development, incubated in 1997 at the McLuhan Program at the University of Toronto
DFAIT Home Site Map Help Policies Partners Feedback Netcast Français

Welcome
Message from the Minister
Dialogue Paper
Answer Questions
View Answers
Discussion Forum

Security

Thank you for participating in the Dialogue on Foreign Policy. The interactive web site is now closed. The Minister's report will appear on this web site once it is released.

This Forum is bilingual, and participants post messages in their language of choice.

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: banquosghost

Date: 2003-02-19 19:52:38

"BTW when were Palestinians gassed, and how on earth is Israel more of a threat than Iraq who has WMDs?"

That is an excellent example right there of someone believing and repeating a government's unproven assertion.

Waterloo, the obvious research posted as links and your response that "one should do his own research on the subject" lead me to think that you neither thouroughly read the post nor investigated the links provided. Rather you simply repeated your uproven assertion having to do with Iraq's weaponry. If you have a contribution to make to the demonstrated existence of said weaponry by all means make it but spare everyone your simplistic parroting of the Bush administration's unproven assertions. We all get quite enough of that from the press.

Reply to this message

Show in topic

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: kn_aeshap

Date: 2003-02-19 21:47:03

"...spare everyone your simplistic parroting of the Bush administration's unproven assertions. We all get quite enough of that from the press."

I second that motion :)

Reply to this message

facts and fiction - Iraq

Contributor: Waterloo

Date: 2003-02-20 14:29:16

well banquo, I don't know about you, but I have found internet resources to be incredibly unreliable to say the least. I did go to the link provided, and found no way to confirm what it said from an independent source. I am weary of going to links. If something such as that occurred, then there will undoubtedly be better sources of info on the subject, so I'll ask you not to jump to conclusions and assume I don't read the posts thoroughly.

As for "parroting" Bush, I do no such thing. What is right is right. More than one person will come to the correct conclusion if one looks at the evidence provided. Just because I come up with the same conclusion as he does, as does anyone with a shred of common sense, does not mean I parrot anyone. I also disagree with the death penalty for many of the same reasons our government does, does this mean I parrot them as well? I think people need to put on their thinking caps.

Lastly, all I see from the press (except for US officials) is anti war sentiment. Occasionally there will be an interview with one who understands the way things are, but this is a rarity. I don't watch a whole lot of US TV, but from what I do, and from what I see from the Canadian media, the anti-war people are interviewed, or writing columns far, far more than the pro war ones do. In my local paper, and in NAtional ones the majority of the content is antiwar.

Reply to this message